200 g (7 oz) flour
175 g (6 oz) oats
4 Tablespoons sugar
2 dessertspoons baking powder (about the size of a heaping teaspoon is what I use)
1/2 teaspoon salt
75 g (3 oz) currants (I have also used candied cherries, and macadamia nuts and dried cranberries)
1 egg
125 g (4 1/2 oz) melted butter (this is what makes it, use the real stuff) :)
6 Tablespoons milk
Directions:
1. Pre-heat oven to 220 C
2. Lightly grease baking tray
3. Mix flour, oats, sugar, baking powder, salt and currants/fruit. Make a well with your dry ingredients.
4. Beat egg until frothy, stir in milk, and melted butter. Pour into well of dry ingredients.
5. Split dough in two portions. Form each portion into a thick circle about 2 cm or 3/4 in thick (I like to make the middle a little thicker than the outside). Cut each circle into 8 triangles and separate the triangles a bit.
6. Bake about 15 minutes.
Pre-Baking


1 comment:
They look fab Julie will try and find time to attempt them, although I never seem to be able to make cosmetically good scones. The kids, however, don't pay much attention to how they look and as long as they love the taste that's good enough for me.
The gardens look lovely - a nice way to relax!
Post a Comment